I don’t always feel a burning desire to answer questionnaires, but I’ve had such a good time reading other lingerie bloggers’ responses that I decided to take the plunge.
Fussy Busty kicked this off yesterday, and Windie published her answers today! Go check them out, and share the survey! I like reading about everyone’s different lives and loves. I want to know more! MORE I tell you!
1. What time did you get up this morning? 3:56 a.m. (woooo jetlag!), then 7:00 a.m.
2. How do you like your steak? Medium Rare
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Samsara. It. is. amazing. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life.
4. What is your favorite TV show? I never used to watch TV, but the internet is turning me into a junkie. Parks & Recreation, New Girl, Sherlock AND Elementary, actually really any detective show that I can watch while I’m cooking, and, guiltily, several CW shows.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? In a four-season climate, surrounded by friends, with plenty of trees. I’ll take a river/lake/ocean or mountains or both, as well.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Peanut Butter Puffins, the greatest cereal ever invented.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Does chocolate count? Otherwise French and Italian.
8. What foods do you dislike? Bananas and raisins. I keep trying them to see if I’ll like them better. I never do.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Oh my. Can-Can Brasserie in Richmond, VA, Beans & Vines in Uptown Manhattan (the yucca fries . . . oh lordy, I want some RIGHT NOW), and in my bed reading a book, because I am a slob.
10. Favorite dressing? I don’t ever really think about salad dressing. Olive oil and blueberry balsamic from The Filling Station in Chelsea Market is my go-to.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? The A train, baby. I really dislike driving and always have.
12. What are your favorite clothes? Lingerie, durrr, short shorts, and dresses.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Italy, Scotland, Ireland, London, India, Hawaii, and California.
14. Where would you want to retire? Yikes, I have no idea. Somewhere where the people are nice and the food is good.
15. Favorite time of day? Late afternoon. Nap-time!
16. Where were you born? Richmond, VA.
17. What is your favorite sport to watch? I very rarely watch sports, outside of the Olympics. I like watching the diving and gymnastics because of how they’re so CRAZY IMPRESSIVE, but I also get SO STRESSED OUT every time someone prepares for a trick, because I always picture the horrible disfigurements/injuries that will happen if something goes wrong.
19. How many siblings? One twin sister
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? Baking!
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? No one in particular, just excited to read others’ responses!
22. Bird watcher? No.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Morning, I think?
24. Do you have any pets? (Aspara)Gus the Terror Kitten and Ruby the Champion Napper. I adore them and find them endlessly fascinating.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? Well, my “work project” last week was actually a bit more than that: my firm sent me as part of a team to our Bangkok office. While I worked my regular hours in the office, we got to do lots of eating and exploring during the nights and weekend. It was one of the most exciting, awesome things I’ve done in a long time. I never imagined I’d get the opportunity to travel to Asia, and I’m still reeling from my good fortune.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? Ballerina, ballerina, and also a ballerina. As a back-up job I wanted to be Christine Daae in Phantom of the Opera.
27. What is your best childhood memory? Dancing in the Nutcracker every year. I have SUCH a deep emotional connection to that score now. When I went to see the Balanchine version at Lincoln Center a few years ago and the Christmas Tree began to grow, I burst into tears. The small child next to me was highly alarmed.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Both! I’d never lived with a dog until a few years ago, but she was enchanting and adorable and I miss her.
29. Are you married? No, I’m shooting for Bridget-Jones-marries-Colin-Firth when I’m in my thirties.
30. Always wear your seat belt? Yes and YES.
31. Been in a car accident? No, fortunately.
32. Any pet peeves? Sound bleed from other people’s music, especially from earbuds or headphones. I cannot understand why most NYC subway riders aren’t deaf.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Brussel sprouts and salami (ooh, I think I know what I’m making for dinner tonight), ham and pineapple, spinach and ricotta.
34. Favorite Flower? Roses and peonies. I really love all flowers except chrysanthemums and carnations. I want my arms and my apartment full of flowers.
35. Favorite ice cream? Uh-oh. I’ve made a lot of ice cream I love. Let me see . . . I think some favorites have been White Chocolate and Ginger, Earl Grey, Fresh Mint, Anise Stracciatella, and Chocolate Peanut Butter.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Hardees for the biscuits, Wendy’s for the Frosties.
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? Passed the first time!
38. From whom did you get your last email? My supervisor, asking me to work on a document when I am instead answering internet surveys.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Figleaves, Bravissimo, Anthropologie (on candles), Agent Provocateur (on the silk bedding– swoon).
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? I made brownies last night. My spontaneity is often unhealthy.
41. Like your job? As they just sent me to Bangkok, I’m full of warm fuzzies for them. I never imagined it’s where I’d be, but I find the work rewarding for the time being. We’ll see what happens.
42. Broccoli? Delicious and Nutritious!
43. What was your favorite vacation? For our 25th birthday Julia Lambert and I went to Paris and Normandy together. It was so, so lovely.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Ezmeralda, the night I got back from Bangkok, to thank her for feeding Gus and Ruby.
45. What are you listening to right now? Supervisors conferencing, papers rustling, phones ringing.
46. What is your favorite color? Green and Blue
47. How many tattoos do you have? None.
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 12:22 p.m.
50. Coffee Drinker? Decaf coffee and tea, because I am WILD.
SO TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELVES.