Women of Mystery: The Secret Agent

Sweet Nothings Holiday 2015: Women of Mystery- Agent Carter. Photo: Steven Rosen Photography

“What’s with the accent, Queen Victoria? Thought I was signing up for the US Army.”

–I didn’t know our government had such good taste in secretaries. What’s your name, darling?
–Agent.

I conducted my own investigation because no one listens to me. I got away with it because no one looks at me. Because, unless I have your reports, your coffee, or your lunch, I’m invisible.

You think you know me. But I’ve never been more than what each of you has created. To you I’m the stray kitten left on your doorstep to be protected, the secretary turned damsel in distress, the girl on the pedestal transformed into some daft whore. You’re behaving like children. What’s worse, what’s far worse, is that this is just shoddy police work.

You’re a man who says “I love you” whilst looking over a woman’s shoulder into the mirror. Steve Rogers dedicated his mind, his body, his life to the SSR and to this country, not to your bank account. I made the same pledge, but I’m not as good as Steve was. I forgot my pledge running around for you like a corporate spy. So thank you, Howard, for reminding me who Steve was and what I aspire to be.

I don’t need a congressional honor. I don’t need Agent Thompson’s approval or the president’s. I know my value. Anyone else’s opinion doesn’t really matter.

*     *     *     *     *

Suspender Belt: What Katie Did
Stockings: Stockingirl

Photos: Steven Rosen Photography

Watch Agent Carter: Blu-Ray/DVD, Amazon

10 Comments on Women of Mystery: The Secret Agent

1. Jeanna at Bluestockings
    December 7, 2015 at 9:32 am (1 year ago)

THIS IS EXQUISITE. So much love for Agent Carter and you secret agent-ing in lingerie, oh. my. god.

This series is so special. <3

2. The Lingerie Lesbian
    December 7, 2015 at 10:15 am (1 year ago)

You are the most perfect Agent Carter! This series is too amazing :)

3. Emily
    December 7, 2015 at 10:36 am (1 year ago)

This is so good! I absolutely love this series. It’s incredible how versatile your lingerie closet is! You fit so well as all of these characters, it’s amazing :D

December 7, 2015 at 6:06 pm (1 year ago)

Thank you so much, Emily! Although I have to confess: a lot of this lingerie was borrowed (hurray for indie designers!) or bought expressly for this project (as much as I would like, I’m not quiiiite this glamorous on the regular). It’s been an amazing treat to get to try so many beautiful pieces that I ordinarily wouldn’t have access to, like the Layneau robe or the Harlow & Fox tap pants. It really helps me see why some things are priced the way they’re priced, even it means, sadly, that they’re inaccessible to me at my current budget. I’m so glad you enjoyed the series– I had an absolute blast planning it!

4. S.B
    December 7, 2015 at 11:27 am (1 year ago)

Eeeeeh! I absolutely love Agent Carter. What a fabulous photo shoot!

5. Julia Lambert
    December 7, 2015 at 11:34 am (1 year ago)

I just LOVE the details in this. Steve’s photo on the bedside table is such a nice touch, and these photos are gorgeous!

6. Julia Lambert
    December 7, 2015 at 11:34 am (1 year ago)

(also nice hat)

December 7, 2015 at 6:00 pm (1 year ago)

WHY THANK YOU

7. Alicia
    December 7, 2015 at 4:21 pm (1 year ago)

LOVE. So much fun. So much beauty.

8. Rose
    December 8, 2015 at 12:54 am (1 year ago)

You love *all* the shows I love! Well, so it seems.
    But more importantly, I love *all* these shoots – so beautiful, and impeccably styled!