New for 2015: 6 Exciting New Full-Bust Brands Debut

Blue Reign

Blue Reign

Remember how in January of 2013 I was unbelievably excited about the launch of Tutti Rouge? A lot of that excitement was because at the time, it felt like Freya, Fantasie, and Panache (and increasingly, Curvy Kate) were the only players in the full-bust game, and then along came this unabashedly cute, almost kitschy, independent brand with a strongly personal aesthetic and a frankly amazing size range. The last few years have seen the launch of a few new mid-market “big brands”, like Curvy Kate and Parfait, but it’s also seen the launch of smaller, indie brands like Claudette and Tutti Rouge. We’re at the point where there are now lots and lots of options for people who wear D-GG sizes and are shopping in the $50-70 range (although there are still size gaps, of course). With more mid-market options than ever before, I remember thinking at the time, what next?

Then suddenly 2014 came, and All Undone and Harlow & Fox burst onto the scene with a level of sophistication and luxury the full-bust customer previously couldn’t access. Unlike the French full-bust luxury brands like Empreinte or Maison Lejaby (Maison Lejaby don’t be sad you know I love you), All Undone and Harlow & Fox feel fresh, sensual, luxurious, and truly special. Their resounding success seems to have kicked open the door for independent full-bust designers, at least in the UK and Australia. All of the brands featured here use UK cup sizing conventions, so the cup size progression goes B, C, D, DD, E, F, FF, G, GG, H, HH. Without further ado, making their debut in 2015:

Blue Reign

Dynasty bra (£75), thong (£35), and suspender (£55) by Blue Reign, sizes 28-34 B-HH

That leather bra, you guys. That (faux) leather-up-to-an-HH-cup-bra, you guys. Swoon.

Blue Reign is currently a one-woman operation based in London, with the aim of providing sexy, modern, powerful designs to women who wear a wide range of sizes, including petite, core, and full-bust sizes. In addition to this stunning Dynasty lingerie set, the debut collection includes some gorgeous sheer loungewear, a coordinating Dynasty sleep mask, and a “Forget Romeo” accessories set which includes a collared harness, nipple pasties, and eye mask. I didn’t know how badly I wanted a quilted leather bra until I saw this set. Stunning.

Scantilly

Curvy Kate Scantilly

Scantilly

How did they do it? Right around the time I started to think “you know, I’m 30 now, my tastes are changing, and I might be outgrowing some of the cutesy brands I used to love, like Cleo and Curvy Kate”, then Curvy Kate goes and introduces a VERY GROWN UP INDEED new brand called Scantilly, specializing in elegant boudoir lingerie for the full-bust customer.

Scantilly by Curvy Kate

Scantilly

Think strappy details, sheer black mesh, keyhole center gores, and ouvert knickers. The sneak peeks I’ve seen so far have looked GORGEOUS, and if there isn’t any Scantilly for me to see at Curve next week I will be cranky.

Scantilly by Curvy Kate

Scantilly

[Can I be obnoxious for a second though? I loathe the bit on their website where they say “a fearless new collection for the curvaceous female in D to H cups”. Bleah. Y’all. Come on. Don’t call women “females”. It’s weird and rude and creepy and, most of all, grammatically odd. “A fearless new collection for the curvaceous woman in D to H cups.” I fixed it for you!]

Scarletta

Zara by Scarletta, 30-40 DD-H

Zara by Scarletta, 30-40 DD-H

Ije Nwandu, founder of Scarletta, contacted me 2 weeks ago to introduce her Autumn 2015 collection, and I was SO glad she did. First there’s the incredible size range (30-40 DD-H), and then there are the designs themselves.

Ada by Scarletta Lingerie, 30-40 DD-H

Ada by Scarletta, 30-40 DD-H

Ije’s collection uses colors reflecting her African heritage, and the designs hit a really sweet spot for me in their mix of contemporary pops of color and streamlined shapes, combined with classic details like suspenders and eyelash lace.

Icon Basque by Scarletta, 30-40 DD-H

Icon Basque by Scarletta, 30-40 DD-H

Scarletta offers bras and basques in band sizes from 30-40 and cup sizes DD-H with accessories in sizes S-XXL, in prices around £30-60 for bra-sized pieces, making this collection one of the most accessible in terms of price (comparable to Bravissimo‘s in-house designs) and size range. I’m frankly blown away by the whole collection, and I can’t wait to see more when the full range launches in July!

Bosom Galore

Classique in Red by Bosom Galore (26 E-GG, 28 E-H, 30 E-GG, 32 E-G, 34 E-FF)

Classique in Red by Bosom Galore (26 E-GG, 28 E-H, 30 E-GG, 32 E-G, 34 E-FF)

Bosom Galore, like All Undone and Harlow & Fox, offers made-in-the-UK luxury lingerie in full-bust sizes, with an emphasis on smaller band sizes. The brand launches with two beautiful silk collections with band sizes from 26-34 and cup sizes from E-H. The designs are elegant, classic, and sensual, with two pretty colors in gleaming silk.

Amelia by Bosom Galore, 26 E-GG, 28-34 E-H

Amelia by Bosom Galore, 26 E-GG, 28-34 E-H

I know there are full-bust women who find some 28 bands too big, so I’ll be very interested to hear how Bosom Galore’s 26 bands work for them. Bosom Galore is currently offering limited-time lower introductory prices (£69-72 for bras, £36-38 for knickers) on all pre-orders, so if you know you want to try this brand, now is the time to buy!

Adina Reay

Jean in Magenta by Adina Reay, 32-36 DD-G

Jean in Magenta by Adina Reay, 32-36 DD-G

Adina Reay is another new British luxury brand, with bras in sizes 32-36 DD-G. The designs remind me a little of Prima Donna, with their classic lace and mesh, but the use of silk and the occasional bold color make them feel more vibrant and contemporary. One of the standout pieces, to me, is the lovely Jean, in magenta with an unusual racer-back closure.

Pen in Ocean by Adina Reay, 32-36 DD-G

Pen in Ocean by Adina Reay, 32-36 DD-G

Adina Reay includes true luxury elements, like bespoke embroidery, cutaway center gores, sheer tulle and silk satin details.

Jo in Black by Adina Reay, 32-36 DD-G

Jo in Black by Adina Reay, 32-36 DD-G

Prices range from £90-130 for bra-sized pieces and £40-60 for accessories, putting this collection into the same luxury level as Fleur of England, but sized for full busts. The Jo knicker, above, even reminds me a little of some of Fleur’s innovative tulle knickers! Gorgeous.

Bridal collection in Champagne by Adina Reay, 32-36 DD-G

Bridal collection in Champagne by Adina Reay, 32-36 DD-G

Adina Reay launched in January at the Lingerie Edit, and the full collection appears to be available to purchase now!

Maraki Intimates

Maraki Intimates

Maraki Intimates appears to still be in the early launch phases, and as such, I don’t have a lot of firm information to go on. There doesn’t appear to be an official e-commerce site yet (the one they have seems to be a placeholder), and there are conflicting press releases out about everything from launch date to size range, and my email inquiries went unanswered, but much of what I’ve seen on Instagram and Pinterest from this new Australian brand looks incredibly fun and wholly original in the full-bust market.

Tempestuous bra and suspender knicker by Maraki Intimates, 8-14 DD-G

Tempestuous bra and suspender knicker by Maraki Intimates, 8-14 DD-G

One press release reports that the size range will cover 8-14 DD-G (30-36 DD-G to those of us used to UK sizes, and I think some Australian brands skip FF, but I’m not 100% sure), with accessories in sizes S, M, L. Maraki Intimates’ first collection includes a bra, suspender knicker, nightdress, fringed kimono, and silk blouse.

Dextrous Shirt by Maraki Intimates

Dextrous Shirt by Maraki Intimates

I just…much like with Blue Reign, I did not know how badly I needed a sequined bra until I saw it.

Tempestuous Bra by Maraki Intimates, 8-14 DD-G.  SEQUINS!

Tempestuous Bra by Maraki Intimates, 8-14 DD-G. SEQUINS!

There’s a chance we’ll hear more soon, so keep your eyes on Instagram for updates!

*     *     *     *     *

I am so, so, SO thrilled to see so many new designers entering the full-bust market, all with different size ranges, design points of view, and price points. However, notice anything? They’re all based in the UK (or Australia, for Maraki Intimates). The USA remains WOEFULLY behind in terms of innovations for this demographic. I’d love to be able to run a round-up of USA-based indie full-bust brands, but as far as I know there are zero factories and workshops with the technical skills and materials to manufacture DD+ bras in this country.

Which brand excites you the most? Have you heard of any new full-bust brands I missed? Please let me know!

30 Comments on New for 2015: 6 Exciting New Full-Bust Brands Debut

1. Kim
    February 16, 2015 at 8:43 am (5 years ago)

I’m soooo excited to see that there are so many new brands for fuller busts! One that I am most looking forward to learning about is a new one in the USA, ‘Etched’. Do check them out! I don’t know when they launch, or their exact size range, but it sounds like G cups will be available.

February 16, 2015 at 8:50 am (5 years ago)

Hi Kim! I’m interested to hear more about Etched too– I thought about including them, but since we still don’t know much about the products, size range (although I too heard G cups, not sure if they mean US or UK), launch date, or availability, I decided to hold off for now. Maraki Intimates was scheduled to launch Feb. 14, so I included them in the post with my fingers crossed, but as of right now we still have to wait to learn more. It’s so awesome to see so many new brands popping up!

2. Jeanna
    February 16, 2015 at 9:20 am (5 years ago)

Great roundup! I, too, did not know how badly I needed a quilted leather bra until finding Blue Reign on Instagram a while back. I’ve been following their progress with bated breath and am so thrilled that people seem excited by their brand.

This is the first I’ve heard of Maraki Intimates. Going to check them out now!

Thank you for a wonderful post!

• Blue Reign
      February 16, 2015 at 10:23 am (5 years ago)

Thank you Jeanna. Such good vibes 🙂

February 16, 2015 at 1:39 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks Jeanna! So glad you enjoyed– I’m loving all the different styles that are popping up for D+ sizes!

3. Krista
    February 16, 2015 at 9:51 am (5 years ago)

Exactly what I was thinking. Come on, USA! These are lovely though. Can’t wait to check out!

4. Tulip Noire
    February 16, 2015 at 10:25 am (5 years ago)

So excited for these! It’s great to see so many new brands with such a variety of styles.

I’m particularly enamored with the Maraki aesthetic.

5. The Lingerie Lesbian
    February 16, 2015 at 10:26 am (5 years ago)

So excited to see all these new brands! With the demise of Sunday Intimates, it’s good to see there are more brands ready to take their place. And seriously Scantilly looks pretttty awesome.

• Florence
      February 16, 2015 at 11:51 am (5 years ago)

Wait, what happened to Sunday Intimates?!

February 16, 2015 at 11:59 am (5 years ago)

Unfortunately a combination of factors made continued production impossible, a major one being the fact that no retailers placed orders, which BAFFLES ME, considering how positive consumer/blogger reactions were. Simonette and Tannis plan to develop a loungewear line called S&T, but Sunday Intimates is now defunct. Alas.

6. Florence
    February 16, 2015 at 11:52 am (5 years ago)

This is so exciting but I am also lamenting the lack of US brands here.

So excited for Bosom Galore.

7. Charli
    February 16, 2015 at 12:32 pm (5 years ago)

Fantastic piece! I love the leather bra – such a shame it doesn’t stretch to a 36 back as I would really love this piece! Maybe if I stopped swimming …. so not gonna happen!

C xx

8. mysteries1984
    February 16, 2015 at 2:45 pm (5 years ago)

Blue Reign really, really appeals to me – it’s so different to what we see out there! That leather-like bra will be mine.

9. Krissi
    February 16, 2015 at 4:05 pm (5 years ago)

TF4t .. Leather bra I’m all over it like a hot rash

10. Mademoiselle K
    February 16, 2015 at 5:57 pm (5 years ago)

WHOA! The sequined Maraki, it has multicolour sequins and lovely straps as well! I hope their 30 bands are tight because otherwise it’ll break my heart!

Don’t get me wrong, it is really great that more bands are doing full bust bras, but why do the new exciting ones always start at 30/32/34 (I’m looking at you, Playful Promises, you could have had all my money if only you did 28’s or super tight 30’s!)

February 16, 2015 at 11:01 pm (5 years ago)

Hi! That’s such a good point: lots of brands launch with 32+ band sizes. I totally hear your frustration, but something I’ve noticed listening to designer conversations lately is that 28-30 bands have the greatest risk of failure. In other words, they tend to get ordered less frequently and returned more frequently than their 32+ counterparts. I think a lot of brands really, really want to serve the 28-band-wearer, but making those sizes is really risky, especially considering full-bust lingerie is already a risky venture. What a lot of them do is launch with sizes they feel more confident will sell, with plans to expand (as Claudette did) once their first few seasons are under way. Do you think you’ll plan to give Scarletta or Bosom Galore a try, since they’re launching with smaller bands?

11. Faustine Li / Lee Rivers
    February 16, 2015 at 9:18 pm (5 years ago)

Two American brands that do D-G are Affinitas. and Claudette, both California-based. Do they count as ‘indie’? I believe the manufacturing is done in China, but that’s true with most non-luxury brands.

Maraki appears to be doing something different. I’ll keep my eye on them. Sequins! Multicolored! It’s fun without being twee, which is hard to do.

February 16, 2015 at 11:06 pm (5 years ago)

Hi! Yes, Claudette and Parfait are both US-designed, but since they’re both several seasons old and, more importantly, not US-manufactured, I didn’t include them in my plea for US-made bras. I’d just love to see the US develop a factory with the know-how and resources to manufacture full-bust bras in this country, but I suspect that’s a pipe dream– I can’t really imagine it happening, but it can’t hurt to wish for it, right? 😉

• Faustine Li \ Lee Rivers
        February 17, 2015 at 1:07 pm (5 years ago)

Are there any large brands that do their own manufacturing? My Panache bras say Made in China, and I believe the Wacoal/Eveden group also manufacture abroad.

I hear that the problem with manufacturing things (autos, drills, clothes, you name it) in the US is not labor cost, but supply chains. For example, I assume they use different wires for different bras. What if the wire they were given doesn’t work, or some of the hooks/strap adjustors are defective? They have to wait for it to ship from pretty far away. China has factory districts, so you don’t need to go far.

Making bits and bobs on a small scale is something we don’t do in the US anymore, I think.

• Gagan
        March 6, 2015 at 3:29 am (5 years ago)

Can any of these brands be purchased in North America? Im Canadian and in love with these pieces but can’t seem to find a place to purchse them!

March 6, 2015 at 9:17 am (5 years ago)

Hi Gagan,
          Thank you for stopping by, and I’m glad you like what you see! As all of these brands are new (some aren’t even for sale yet), and as they’re all independent brands, as of this moment most of them are only available through the brands’ official websites linked to in this post. Of the six, I imagine Scarletta is the most likely one to get picked up by retailers, but I don’t think that will happen any time before 2016. Do check the official sites– I bet most of them ship to the US or Canada!

• MARAKI Intimates
          October 12, 2015 at 10:35 am (4 years ago)

Hi Gagan,

We certainly do ship to North America/Canada, also our shipping prices won’t break the bank!

Hope to hear from you soon x

12. Holly
    February 16, 2015 at 11:30 pm (5 years ago)

Oooooo, underwear I won’t be scared to get run over in!!!!

Loving the Adina Reay V bra, may be able to buy a sheer shirt now!

Big thanks

13. Kelly
    February 17, 2015 at 8:16 am (5 years ago)

I am in love with that pink set from Bosom Galore! The photos from Blue Reign are out of this world hot! They’ve done a really good job with it.

14. Sham
    February 17, 2015 at 1:20 pm (5 years ago)

Ugh! I got all excited but alas they seem to be ignoring my range still 🙁
    With cleo backing out of the small bands big bust (28 bands to h cup and in certain styles dropping 28 bands and stopping 30s at H when previously offering 28j bras) im needing a 28J or really really snug 30hh and im losing options each season 🙁

February 17, 2015 at 2:23 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Sham! Thanks so much for stopping by! I’m really sorry none of these brands currently offer 28J, and I know it must be extremely frustrating. It’s easy to feel ignored or left out when you have to work hard to find your size. I don’t think, though, that these new brands are deliberately “ignoring” you. As you’re painfully aware, there are fewer brands making sub-30 bands and H+ cups, which in turn means there are fewer products out there for new brands to use as models and inspiration. Making new cup sizes is hard: I’ve been doing fit-modeling for an American brand looking to expand their size range. I started working for them in 2013, and the bras still aren’t on the market yet, and this is a major company with tremendous resources at their disposal! Small band/large cup bra sizes are very, very difficult to design and manufacture. In addition, as cup sizes get larger (regardless of band size), there’s more variety in body/breast type and shape, which means that a brand might invest in developing a new shape to find that it fits only a percentage of the customers in that size range. In addition to THAT, most retailers and designers I’ve spoken to have told me that they have fewer H+ customers than other sizes, and that H+ cups and sub-30 bands get returned more frequently than other sizes. Returns means money lost, and brands can’t operate by losing money– in order to keep developing new products and new styles to attract new customers, they HAVE to operate profitably. This means that it makes sense for new brands to launch with a size range they know will fit well and they can easily market-test, which means financially risky sizes don’t make the first cut. The good news is that by launching with a financially profitable first season, new brands can look to size expansions in the future. Finally, for 28J/30HH bras I always recommend Bravissimo, as I get a great fit from their non-padded bras, and Tutti Rouge also offers Liliana in a 28J, as well as all other styles in 30HH. In addition, the founder of Blue Reign wears a size 32J or 32JJ, and she makes bras both for her collection and for herself. See her wearing her custom bra here and here. She invites customers needing specialized sizes to contact her, as she’s happy to make custom sizes. I hope that helps!

15. Anja
    February 18, 2015 at 6:07 am (5 years ago)

Wonderful roundup, I haven’t heard of Maraki Intimates before!

I’m also excited to hopefully see the launch of Edwards & Millers this year 🙂

16. Cale
    February 23, 2015 at 10:44 am (5 years ago)

What a fantastic overview of these new brands, Sweets!
    I am so excited to see more aesthetic variety in this market. Personally, I am going to have to try Blue Reign, Bosom Galore and Scarletta. I really like the simplicity of the black bustier from Scarletta and what a huge plus that it comes in a range of sizes.

I hope to see these companies grow and expand their collections. I am also crossing my fingers that they get picked up at US retailers and influence American designers to open up to the full bust market!

17. Rachelle
    February 24, 2015 at 9:53 am (5 years ago)

Just need one more H….. I love all of these!

18. c l bigelow
    March 1, 2016 at 3:15 pm (4 years ago)

having checked out the maraki several times only to find the site always states- sold out for every thing….

but adina reay is not sold out and the Fran is a joy to wear. the band in my regular size for me ran a bit big so i sized down and kept the same cup. the fit was spot on- the set is the essence of a bra and underwear-no embellishments not a bit of distraction- just pure line and impeccable construction.
    some days call for ribbons and lace and other days not- eyeing the Ava and the new colour peacock in the Fran- luscious.