Boudoir Photography Week: My First Boudoir Shoot

I’ve so enjoyed sharing some of my favorite bloggers’ photos this week, but what was it like when I finally saw MY photos?

Model/Makeup/Hair: Sweets, Sweet Nothings. Photographer: Caryn Leigh Photography. Lingerie: Bravissimo, Malco Modes.  Shoes: T.U.K. Shoes.

OH MY GOD Y’ALL, I WAS NOT PREPARED.

Let’s back up for a sec.  Caryn was amazing, first of all.  She’s warm and funny and positive and creative and enthusiastic and an absolute pro.  We’ve been friends for a while, and I loved my headshots she took for my press kit a while back, so when she suggested doing some boudoir sessions I knew I’d feel confident and comfortable shooting with her.

But just because it’s comfortable and fun the day-of doesn’t mean that all of my thoughts and issues and emotions and hangups just magically went away, either.

[TW: Discussion of body image]

Here’s the thing: I find it really, really hard to look at photos of myself, and I always have.  I’ve talked about my not-so-great relationship with my body before, in reference to pole-dancing  and in reference to bikinis and in reference to ballet dancing.  Photos usually make me cringe and peek at them through my fingers, scared of what I’ll see.  When I look at the big picture of things, I feel like an asshole for even having body image issues: I’m healthy and able-bodied and my gender identity matches the gender I was assigned at birth and my body generally doesn’t attract comment or criticism as I go about my everyday life, apart from the catcalls and annoyances lots of women are subject to.  So, what, boohoo, I have big boobs and I’m carrying extra pounds?  Suck it up, Sweets.

Model/Makeup/Hair: Sweets, Sweet Nothings. Photographer: Caryn Leigh Photography. Swimsuit: Pour Moi?

Still, when I saw my photos for the first time, it was with a sick, sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.  I didn’t see the pretty colors, or my awesome lingerie, or how well Caryn had captured the looks I’d wanted.  I saw a fold of skin where I thought there “shouldn’t” be one.  I saw arms and thighs that looked “too big” to me.  I saw cheeks that were fuller and a waist that was thicker than I thought I wanted.   I saw skin that wasn’t perfectly magically clear and hair that wasn’t as shiny and bouncy as I wanted (note: I first saw the photos before they were retouched, which I’ll talk about it in a sec).  I felt a little like my worst fears had been realized: there wasn’t enough makeup or natural light or awesome lingerie in the world that would make me look “good” or “acceptable.”

Model: Sweets, Sweet Nothings. Photographer: Caryn Leigh Photography.  Lingerie: Elomi (c/o). Peignoir: Dottie's Delights. Hold-Ups: Gaetano Cazzola.

Model: Sweets, Sweet Nothings. Photographer: Caryn Leigh Photography. Lingerie: Elomi (c/o). Peignoir: Dottie’s Delights. Hold-Ups: Gaetano Cazzola.

So, first of all, there’s obviously some body dysmorphia going on there, as well as maybe some unreasonable expectations.  I acted like if I didn’t walk out of a boudoir shoot magically looking like, say, Ashley Graham, then I must look like, say, Gollum.  It was an either-or thing.  Because that’s totally reasonable.

Secondly, I should have learned this from every acting-headshot-session I’d ever had, but it is pretty much a sure thing that you will look like a goof in 50% or more of your unedited photos. This is why some photographers won’t allow you to see all of the session’s photos, and instead will curate a much smaller group of proofs for your review.  A hand will be strangely close to the camera and look disproportionately gigantic, you’ll laugh genuinely and one eye will crinkle up more than the other, you’ll discover that your pouty/sultry/sexy face does not look the way you think it looks (note: it actually looks cranky/sleepy), or everything will be absolutely perfect, except you’ll have a giant smear of lipstick on your face.  I KNOW that this is the case, and yet every time I get a bunch of proofs back I decide to be DISTRAUGHT that not every single picture is an A+.

Model/Makeup/Hair: Sweets, Sweet Nothings.  Photographer: Caryn Leigh Photography.  Lingerie: Fantasie, Kiss Me Deadly (c/o)

Model/Makeup/Hair: Sweets, Sweet Nothings. Photographer: Caryn Leigh Photography. Lingerie: Fantasie, Kiss Me Deadly (c/o)

Also, there’s SUCH a big difference between seeing raw images and seeing a final, edited proof.  I will never say that retouching and Photoshop are Evil.  Obviously there are extremes, like the time Ralph Lauren made their model’s waist smaller than her head, or when perfectly lovely bodies and skin colors and faces are manipulated past the point of recognition or reality.  Those extremes are terrible and deserve all the indignation, scorn, and rejection they receive.  But just like makeup, retouching can help a photo show us what we actually “see”, rather than what the lens happened to capture.  When we see someone in real life, we don’t register every slight change in skin tone or every stray wisp of hair.  In photos, however, equal weight is given to the large details as well as the tiny, so some subtle retouching can help “correct” the image to match our real-life perception of the object.  [Also, for fuck’s sake, it’s a boudoir shoot, not a photo-documentary. It’s about fulfilling a fantasy, and if your fantasy involves erasing the zit that decided to pop up with a vengeance the day of the shoot, then who has the right to judge you?]

Model/Makeup/Hair: Sweets, Sweet Nothings.  Photographer: Caryn Leigh Photography.  Lingerie: Bravissimo, Malco Modes.  Shoes: Tuk Shoes.

Model/Makeup/Hair: Sweets, Sweet Nothings. Photographer: Caryn Leigh Photography. Lingerie: Bravissimo, Malco Modes. Shoes: T.U.K. Shoes.

So I got my photos, told Caryn they were beautiful, and vowed never to show them to anyone.  And then two weeks later I went back and looked at them again, and whether time heals all mental wounds, or my self-perception filters had re-calibrated themselves, or I’d womanned up and gotten a grip, I’m not sure, but I felt better about them.  It’s like I’d been scared that the camera was mercilessly revealing all of my “flaws” to the world, when in fact it was just like “oh, okay, that’s me in my underwear. Cool.”  I would have felt so much WORSE if someone had taken them and “corrected” them to give me a flat stomach and bigger eyes and a longer neck and erased my dimples– like, what, am I not good enough for these pictures just the way I am?  I’m only worthy of a nice picture if I look like someone else entirely? Eff that.

Model: Sweets, Sweet Nothings. Photographer: Caryn Leigh Photography. Peignoir: Dottie's Delights. Hold-Ups: Gaetano Cazzola. Slippers: Pleaser.

Model: Sweets, Sweet Nothings. Photographer: Caryn Leigh Photography. Peignoir: Dottie’s Delights. Hold-Ups: Gaetano Cazzola. Slippers: Pleaser.

Part of why I decided to share the pictures now, after a year and a half of keeping my face off the blog, is precisely BECAUSE I had some mixed feelings about them.  How can I sit here behind my computer screen and say “all bodies are beautiful”, if I couldn’t be a body-positive warrior for myself?  If I couldn’t admit that I was scared to reveal myself?  How dishonest would I be, if I hid the fact that sometimes it’s hard to practice self-love?

Model: Sweets, Sweet Nothings. Photographer: Caryn Leigh Photography.  Lingerie: Parfait (c/o).  Peignoir: Dottie's Delights.

Model: Sweets, Sweet Nothings. Photographer: Caryn Leigh Photography. Lingerie: Parfait (c/o). Peignoir: Dottie’s Delights.

Even if my pictures had shown someone with a flat stomach and smaller boobs and large eyes and no wrinkles or dimples wherever, that particular someone would have been no more (or less) deserving of beautiful, sexy images than I am, or than any of us are.  One of my biggest struggles with my body has been working to love it no matter the number on the scale or the size on the tag.  It’s fine to want to change your body, to set goals for yourself, to embark on new routines or lifestyle choices, but if you can only say “my body will be worthy of love” instead of “my body is worthy of love right now, and will be tomorrow too”, then what kind of self-love is that?

ALSO (omg, I swear I’m almost done navel-gazing), it occurs to me that maybe looking at yourself with love takes practice.  My sister, mother, and I spent time over the summer clearing out the attic, and we found boxes of photos from when my sister and I were little all the way through college.  Photos that made me weirdly sad, they were SO CUTE and from so long ago.  Photos that made me laugh, because sometimes children are awesome (there’s this one of my sister and me “baking” around age 5 or 6, and you guys there is SO MUCH FLOUR on everything).  And then there were the photos that made my heart ache, because I remember that when I saw them shortly after they were taken, I felt ashamed of and horrified by my appearance. I look at those photos now, after years have passed, and I can’t believe I treated that girl with such unkindness, such scorn, such derision.  I can’t believe I treated that happy, healthy, smart, passionate girl like she was worthless, because she didn’t live up to self-imposed standards of impossible physical perfection.

I share all my mixed emotions about the experience not to try to scare anyone away from doing it (far from it: more pretty pictures for everyone!), but to try to come to grips with the idea that it’s okay if you don’t fall in love with your pictures right away.  There’s a narrative that any type of makeover or photoshoot will IMMEDIATELY reveal a beauty that the subject never knew was there, and that from the moment she sees her “new” self she will live happily ever after.  That might happen, sure, but if it doesn’t?  If seeing your pictures is hard, or just one small step on your journey towards self-love?  That’s okay too.  But I think from here on out I’m going to try to imagine what my future self might say to me, once time has passed and the pictures faded from her memory.  If she were to look at them again in five, or ten, or thirty years, how could she look at them with anything other than compassion and love?

*****

A huge thanks to all the lovely lingerie bloggers and photographers who shared their work this week.  In case you missed them, check out Part I, Part II, and Part III.  An especially huge thanks to Caryn, for being such a great artist and friend.

More about Caryn:

Caryn Leigh Photography Official Site
Facebook
Pinterest
Twitter

61 Comments on Boudoir Photography Week: My First Boudoir Shoot

1. lauriedancer
    January 23, 2014 at 7:28 am (4 years ago)

OMG…you look AMAZING. Absolutely amazing. Wow.

January 23, 2014 at 7:50 am (4 years ago)

Thank you Laurie! xoxo

2. Jackie
    January 23, 2014 at 8:10 am (4 years ago)

After our conversation about this on Sunday, I was dying every day to see these. I could go on all day about how perfect your skin is and how much I love everything about thes photos, but I think the thing that strikes me most is just how dang big your brave is. I take inspiration from you, my dear friend. Your brave is gigantic. And your brave is beautiful. And your brave is admirable. But most of all, your brave makes me feel brave. You’ve always been a warrior for body positivity on this blog, and in your life as long as I’ve known you, and this brave post put your money where your mouth is. Well done.

Also, the shoes!! The tutu!!!! YOUR HAIR!!!! All so freaking fantastic that I can hardly stand it. Full marks.

I hope that M sees these photos in 15 years (because with the magic of the internet, she will probably be googling us all!) and says, “holy cow. My aunt sweets has a gigantic brave. And a totally beautiful body. Did you all just run around in your underwear when I was a baby?” ;)

January 23, 2014 at 9:42 am (4 years ago)

I mean, don’t tell her this, but when it’s just me in my apartment I do kind of just run around in my underwear. J gave me the shoes, so we have good taste in friends :)
      I take inspiration from you too, lovely Jackie. Thank you so, so much.

• caryn
        January 23, 2014 at 4:09 pm (4 years ago)

So well said Jackie!!!
        Couldn’t have said it better myself!!!
        She is WONDERFUL and M is lucky to have her in her life, you too of course!!!!!!!!!

• Jackie
          January 24, 2014 at 8:41 am (4 years ago)

It would be pertainent for a reader to know that my house is basically wallpapered in Caryn’s photos. She’s a wizard. I love these girls.

3. Miss Shapen
    January 23, 2014 at 8:12 am (4 years ago)

I love everything about this post. Thank you for sharing it, and congratulations on such lovely photos.

January 23, 2014 at 9:34 am (4 years ago)

Thank you!! xo

4. undertheunders
    January 23, 2014 at 8:46 am (4 years ago)

Wow. Just wow. Your smile could light up a whole town, I tell you! You look incredible, and this post is so great! I really enjoy how the pics were taken, you can see how the photographer is good – and how you two have a connection! Really amazing <3

January 23, 2014 at 9:34 am (4 years ago)

Thank you so, so much!

• caryn
        January 23, 2014 at 4:10 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you!!! (i’m the photographer)

5. thelingerielesbian
    January 23, 2014 at 9:11 am (4 years ago)

You’re so prettttttttty. Also, you made some excellent points about how hard it is to simply look at yourself sometimes! I also have those photos from the past that I remember looking at and feeling bad about myself & now feel are totally adorable– sometimes time & distance give you the opportunity to admire how things actually were/are without all the desire to ‘fix’ things about yourself.

January 23, 2014 at 9:35 am (4 years ago)

Seriously. There are some photos from high school that made me want to die inside when they were taken, and now I look at them and I’m like “ahhhh I was a delight, what was I thinking?”

6. Amber
    January 23, 2014 at 9:46 am (4 years ago)

You look gorgeous! I seriously saw one of these photos on Facebook and didn’t read the headline of “sweet nothings boudoir shoot” and I totally just thought you were a lingerie model! NO joke! You’re a natural poser, and this shoot comes off sexy, playful, and fun. Plus, the lingerie is so pretty, and you look simply gorg, my dear! xoxo

January 23, 2014 at 9:53 am (4 years ago)

Thank you so much Amber! You are too sweet!

7. mvcone
    January 23, 2014 at 10:04 am (4 years ago)

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!! So impressed and inspired by both your words and your photos. Your wit and wisdom shine through in all. Brava!

January 23, 2014 at 10:07 am (4 years ago)

Thank you! xoxoxoxo

8. Laura Brasinha
    January 23, 2014 at 10:21 am (4 years ago)

I screamed a little… OH MY GOD YOU ARE GLORIOUS! This… I mean… I’ve been following the blog for quite some time now and coming here has always been a happy moment of the day. And this is exactly the gorgeous, cute, happy girl I imagined being behind the computer, being fabulous and jolly and cooking delicious stuff!

You, miss, are a glorious person!

January 23, 2014 at 10:23 am (4 years ago)

Laura, you just made my day. Thank you!

9. Becky R
    January 23, 2014 at 10:38 am (4 years ago)

Aaaah I’m so glad you posted these because you look STUNNING!! I had a recent experience taking acting head shots for the first time. The photographer was amazing, but when I got the pictures back I was disappointed and horrified that I didn’t look like what I had hoped them to be in my head. But after looking at them three times over, I realized it was me in the picture and that was completely okay and wow, I had a pretty nice smile. I haven’t taken a boudoir shoot quite yet, but this gives me so much inspiration to do so! Lovely, lovely shoot with a lovely, lovely lady!! :))

January 23, 2014 at 10:46 am (4 years ago)

Thank you so much, Becky! Having pictures taken can be really hard, especially if they’re something important like your acting headshots. I’m so glad you had that realization about your lovely smile! That’s what counts :)

10. Laura E.
    January 23, 2014 at 11:32 am (4 years ago)

Sweets, m’love, you are STUNNING. Holy cow. I’m so, SO glad you posted this, because it’s hecka inspiring and I was curious as all get out to see your photos. I know how it can be really hard to look at pictures — I used to absolutely hate any camera that got remotely close to me. I smiled so miserably in photos as a teen when I had braces that those photos *still* hurt to look at today! I was so self-conscious, but if I’d just let myself go, I probably would have looked 150% better.

In any case, brava to you, Sweets! You’re stunning inside and out, and now your readers get proof.

January 23, 2014 at 12:25 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you Laura!! You are also stunning inside and out– I am loving your recent posts!

11. Marla
    January 23, 2014 at 12:20 pm (4 years ago)

It was such s pleasure to have you and Caryn in my home. The photos look fantastic and I have a new appreciation for my bathtub.
    I just want to say I saw you and the photos as they were happening and everything looked beautiful!

January 23, 2014 at 12:23 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you Marla! You were such a gracious and lovely host– your bathtub is a star!

12. bybabysrules
    January 23, 2014 at 1:47 pm (4 years ago)

I remember when we had been talking about revealing faces. If I had known you were going to do it I would have sent you a pic or two from my pin up boudoir shoot from a few years ago. I should get back on to twitter, I’m missing so much.

But seriously, amazing series. And you are beautiful, and not just physically. The thoughts and feelings you share will help many other ladies realize that what they see and what the world sees may be different.
    Now please excuse me while I go add a few things to my wish list. Some things look so much better after you’ve seen them on a gorgeous person. :)

January 23, 2014 at 2:05 pm (4 years ago)

Aw, thank you so, so much for such kind words. I bet your shoot was absolutely stunning!

13. Jessica
    January 23, 2014 at 2:36 pm (4 years ago)

I love your pics. You are gorgeous! I especially like the mirror and the swimsuit shots. I appreciate your honesty. Its refreshing. To know that someone as fabulous as Sweets can feel that way reminds us that we are all human.

January 23, 2014 at 2:50 pm (4 years ago)

Aw, thank you so much Jessica! That’s really sweet of you :)

14. Lamb
    January 23, 2014 at 3:30 pm (4 years ago)

Honestly this was such an incredible post to read and dear god i think i might have to commit it to memory or have it scribed on my wall because it’s something that completely resonates with me. Every photo i see of my face reduces me to tears, i have no perception of how i look (often my image in the mirror is wildly different day to day) and i’ve been trying to work on my self image so that not only do i recognise myself in photos, but that i also am able to accept how i look.
    I think you’re incredibly brave for going through this whole process (one that i would never be able to do myself) and being honest about your thought process when it came to the final product.
    You look stunning in all of these photos as well.

January 23, 2014 at 3:37 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you Lamb! It can be hard, but it’s so worth it. And I always think you look stunning as well ;)

January 23, 2014 at 4:32 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you George! xoxo

15. Christina
    January 23, 2014 at 8:04 pm (4 years ago)

My beautiful sweets, I have been well aware of the beauty of you (and Julia Lambert ;)!) Since the moment you walked into Rehearsal B to audition for your first lab show and we all went bat-youknowwhat crazy trying to have you both in ALL THE SHOWS. Want you to know I’m reading every day and I would still (gently!) shove Steven Colbert out of my way to talk to you any day. xo CP

January 23, 2014 at 8:12 pm (4 years ago)

HA! I’d totally forgotten that! Oh my god, I love you so, and I know Julia Lambert does too. Thank you so, so much for being a wonderful friend to us when we were newbies, and a wonderful friend now that we’re all grownups (through the power of the internet!). xoxo

16. faustineli
    January 23, 2014 at 8:09 pm (4 years ago)

Awesome awesome awesome. Your smile just…wow.
    I’ve often waffled about doing a photo shoot myself, because it would just be for me (my partner thinks it’s bonkers and disturbing), I can’t apply makeup to myself, and I thought I didn’t really have body image issues. But you’re inspiring, so I’ll think harder about it. Is there a good list of photographers? I’d be looking in Seattle.

January 23, 2014 at 8:14 pm (4 years ago)

I don’t have a list handy myself, but I’d check out the website of any photographer you may know (from weddings, blogs, etc.) to see if they offer boudoir. I also know Cora (The Lingerie Addict) did some beautiful photos with POC Photo in Seattle, so it might be a good place to start!

January 23, 2014 at 8:14 pm (4 years ago)

Oh, and thank you! ;)

17. Another Mary
    January 23, 2014 at 8:26 pm (4 years ago)

Gah these are so awesome! You look amazing, and the photography is just gorgeous–I love the different moods of the different poses, and how much you live into each of them. (Also, Snow White-type styling was basically invented for you.)

Thanks so much for talking about not loving the pictures wholeheartedly as soon as you saw them. I feel much the same about most pictures of myself, including, depressingly, my wedding pictures. Luke and I chose deliberately not to make picture-taking a big deal, both because our budget couldn’t support a professional photographer and because we wanted to be partying instead of posing for pictures, but one of the results is that there are very few pictures from the day that I don’t feel a little iffy about. It’s helpful to think of it in the terms you lay out; 10 years from now, I probably will be focused less on what my arms looked like in my dress and how weird my smile is sometimes, and more on what a happy day that was.

January 23, 2014 at 8:51 pm (4 years ago)

It WAS a happy day– one of the loveliest weddings I’ve ever been to, seriously. It felt very joyful, and I think your pictures reflect that so beautifully. We all have weird-smile-pictures some time (although thinking back of your pics I honestly can’t remember any), but I think you’re right: when you look back in 10 years you’ll see them again with new eyes.

18. J
    January 23, 2014 at 11:30 pm (4 years ago)

The photos are magnificent and you are stunning and wonderful in every way! You are natural and gorgeous in front of the camera. The shoot was a truly warm, wonderful and warm environment which is always the way I feel when in C’s studio. Proud and thrilled to see work by both of you- always inspiring. Xoxox

January 23, 2014 at 11:39 pm (4 years ago)

Love you J! Could not have done it without your help!

19. twingomatic
    January 24, 2014 at 2:12 pm (4 years ago)

Girl, you are so freaking adorable. Look at that smile! By the way, I’m going to steal those red shoes. TUK’s coming out with a lavender pair this spring. LOVE.
    -Leah

January 24, 2014 at 2:15 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you Leah! I confess I love these red shoes, and they’re surprisingly comfy. You’re going to rock the lavender ones!

20. Caroline CurvyWordy
    January 24, 2014 at 2:26 pm (4 years ago)

I love every single word of this post and of course every single photo. You look so gorgeous, and so relaxed and happy. Thank you for including a few of my boudoir snaps in your series and I am sure your articles will be of great use to others. You are amazing xxx

January 24, 2014 at 2:27 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you so much Caroline! You, George, and the other lovely bloggers have been such amazing inspirations. xoxo

21. plainjanevanilla
    January 24, 2014 at 6:02 pm (4 years ago)

You look fantabulous! Loving the colour scheme in the Bravissimo bra shots :)
    Wonderful when you said about looking back at old photos – there are so many intangible aspects of who we are that can easily be neglected or just forgotten.

January 25, 2014 at 5:40 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you so much! I really love that cherry bra– maybe one if my favorite purchases ever ;)

22. windiegardie
    January 24, 2014 at 8:03 pm (4 years ago)

Amazing <3 This post really, really touched me. You always write straight from your heart and it's completely inspiring. I'm so happy you showed us these pictures, not only because they/you are lovely and your photographer did a wonderful job, but because I know it took some serious guts. I tip my hat to you lady.

January 25, 2014 at 5:41 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you Windie! That means so much :)

23. mokesh
    January 25, 2014 at 3:53 am (4 years ago)

I wasn’t expecting this. You’ve been so anonymous until now, that I thought you would only post blurry photos, or photos that othetwise didn’t show your face. I was pleasantly surprised that you decided to reveal your face, because while I understood and didn’t mind the anonymity, it’s always interesting to match a face to the personality. My first reaction: you look like so much FUN!

January 25, 2014 at 5:42 pm (4 years ago)

Aw, thanks so much! We had a lot of fun on the shoot, which probably accounts for it :)

• lauriedancer
      January 26, 2014 at 9:16 am (4 years ago)

Yes…Sweets is a super fun girl!!

24. Erica of A Sophisticated Pair
    January 25, 2014 at 12:58 pm (4 years ago)

Sweets, you look beyond gorgeous in these photos! I just love every single one, especially because of balance your pictures strike between vintage fun, sexy, quirky, and sweet. Gorgeous really doesn’t do them justice!

January 25, 2014 at 5:43 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you Erica! You are too kind :) I was really pleased that we got to play around with different looks and styles– I wasn’t really sure if there was one specific look I wanted, so it was great working with a creative photographer!

25. Tara
    March 2, 2014 at 12:04 pm (4 years ago)

You are beautiful! This pictures make me want to go out, and have some done myself!

I loved the part about finding the old pictures, and your reaction to them. I’m 39 now, and when I look back at those old photos, I am like, “God! What was my problem? I look great!” Now if I can just convince myself now that I don’t look awful, we’ll be making progress. I have stopped hiding from the camera, and I am encouraging my 15 yo daughter to stop hiding too. I told her, “Trust me. One day, you will look back, abd realize that you were/are beautiful, and you’ll be grateful for those pictures!”

March 4, 2014 at 4:35 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you so much Tara! I hope you do get some photos done– they can be such a lovely treat!

4Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Boudoir Photography Week: My First Boudoir Shoot

1. […] but as you can see, a pair of hold ups also gets the job done.  I had so much fun wearing it at my boudoir shoot, and pairing it with a tulle bustle skirt from my pole dancing wardrobe for more of a burlesque, […]

2. […] what you want. I realized this when I was toying with the idea of doing a boudoir shoot (Check out Sweet’s post of her first experience which inspired me), and then realized…welp I have nothing to […]

3. […] Read here: Boudoir Photography Week: My First Boudoir Shoot […]

4. […] 100% perfect fit just isn’t a priority.  For example, even though the spotted suit I wore in my first boudoir shoot (which also came from Figleaves) isn’t my true size, it’s incredibly fun to wear to the […]